Womens PRO-EREX Intensity
Womens PRO-EREX Intensity 10 Capsules/Pack
Supports sexual desire and sensations naturally
Panex Ginseng, Tribulus Terrestris and Gingko Biloba
Product expiry date we are currently shipping
Discontinued, no stock
Womens PRO-EREX Intensity general information
What is Womens PRO-EREX Intensity used for?
Womens PRO-EREX Intimacy capsules are nutritional supplement containing a blend of natural herbal extracts that are used to support sexual experience and hormonal balance in women and promoting sexual enjoyment by optimising arousal, response and desire. Female sexual dysfunction is a common problem for women of all ages, but becomes more prevalent as women age, and has been described as low sexual desire/arousal, difficulty reaching orgasm, and the presence of sexual pain1. Normal sexual function is dependent on hormonal balance and sufficient blood supply to the genitals and dysfunction can be due to several factors, including health problems such as cardiovascular disease and psychosocial issues like psychological and emotional distress, anxiety and depression. Womens PRO-EREX Intimacy capsules target hormonal health and blood flow for optimal sexual enjoyment and desire.
How does Womens PRO-EREX Intensity work?
Womens PRO-EREX Intensity capsules contain natural herbal ingredients that have been used in traditional medicine for their many health promoting properties as well as their aphrodisiac and libido stimulating effects.
Extract of the root of Panax Ginseng in Womens PRO-EREX Intimacy capsules, also known as Asian or Korean red Ginseng, has been used as a traditional medicine for thousands of years to restore and enhance well-being, improve alertness and also to enhance sexual performance. Panax Ginseng is thought to be an adaptogen, meaning a substance that supports health and prevents disease, by helping the body cope better with stress without unwanted side effects. In this context it has been used to enhance physical performance, promote vitality, increase resistance to stress and aging, and boost the immune system. Much of its actions are thought to be due to its saponin content (ginsenosides), which is a pharmacologically active plant glycoside2.
A review of studies into the possible benefit of Panax Ginseng in managing the symptoms of menopause in postmenopausal women indicated some improvement of symptoms, possibly due to oestrogen-like action3. Studies into the effects of Panax Ginseng on sexual function in women with female sexual dysfunction have found improved sexual arousal in menopausal women based on improved scores on Female Sexual Function Index (FSFI) and Global Assessment Questionnaire (GAQ)4. This was also found to be the case in premenopausal women who reported improved sexual desire, arousal, orgasm, and satisfaction5. Animal studies had shown that Panax Ginseng caused relaxation clitoral corpus cavernosal smooth muscle and vaginal smooth muscle by increasing nitric oxide to enhance blood flow; it also had an oestrogenic effect, leading to the suggestion that these mechanisms may also contribute to its effectiveness in improving sexual function in women5. Animal studies of the mechanism of action of Panax Ginseng suggest a direct interaction with nerve cell transmission by activating neurotransmitters, particularly gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) known to involved in reproductive physiology6; also dopamine possibly via direct action on the dopamine stimulation in the hypothalamus of the brain7.
Tribulus terrestris leaf extract in Womens PRO-EREX Intimacy capsules is derived from a flowering plant in the family Zygophyllaceae, also known by several common names, including puncture vine and devils weed. It is native to warm temperate and tropical regions and has been used as a traditional herbal remedy for thousands of years in Greece, China and India to treat several conditions, including cardiovascular disease, urinary tract infections and inflammation, also as an aphrodisiac and to improve sexual function. Tribulus terrestris has been evaluated in several studies for its effects on female sexual dysfunction. In women of reproductive age, significant improvements in sexual function were reported, based on improved scores on Female Sexual Function Index (FSFI)8, 9. This correlated with an increase in levels of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), a hormone produced by the adrenal glands that is a precursor for the synthesis of androgens and oestrogens, both of which play a role in normal female sexual function8. Tribulus terrestris was also found to be effective in improving sexual function in menopausal women10.
Ginkgo Biloba, also known as maidenhair tree, is the oldest living tree and has long been used as a traditional medicine for treating blood disorders and improving memory. Ginkgo leaves contain flavonoids and terpenoids, both of which are antioxidants, and Ginkgo Biloba leaf extract is thought to have cardioprotective and cerebrovascular protective properties. Several studies have demonstrated that Ginkgo Biloba leaf extract has vasodilator properties and causes relaxation of blood vessels to improve blood flow11, 12.
What does Womens PRO-EREX Intensity contain?
Womens Pro-Erex Intensity capsules contain the active ingredients Panax Ginseng root extract (equivalent to dry) 1000mg, Tribulus terrestris leaf extract (equivalent to dry) 12500mg, Gingko Bilobo leaf extract (equivalent to dry) 5000mg used to support female sexual activity and libido. They also contain encapsulating aids.
Womens PRO-EREX Intensity for female sexual activity and libido support
Womens PRO-EREX Intensity capsules are a nutritional supplement containing natural herbal extracts of Panax Ginseng, Tribulus terrestris and Gingko Bilobo that have been used in traditional medicine for their many health promoting properties as well as their aphrodisiac and libido stimulating effects. These herbal extracts contain several pharmacologically active compounds like steroidal saponins, which are phytoestrogens, and flavonoids and terpenoids, which are powerful antioxidants. The blend of natural herbal extracts in Womens PRO-EREX Intensity capsules are used to support sexual experience and hormonal balance in women and promote sexual enjoyment by optimising arousal, response and desire. Female sexual dysfunction is a common problem for women of all ages and is described as low sexual desire/arousal, difficulty reaching orgasm, and the presence of sexual pain. Normal sexual function is dependent on hormonal balance and sufficient blood supply to the genitals and dysfunction can be due to several factors, including health problems such as cardiovascular disease and psychosocial issues like psychological and emotional distress, anxiety and depression. Womens PRO-EREX Intimacy capsules were found to improve female sexual function in pre- and post-menopausal women by several mechanisms, including improving blood flow in the genital area and by influencing hormone levels.
What are the side effects of Womens PRO-EREX Intensity?
The most commonly reported side effects when taking Womens PRO-EREX Intensity capsules include vaginal bleeding, irregular periods, stimulant activity and increased heart rate, trouble sleeping, headache, dizziness, diarrhoea
When should Womens PRO-EREX Intensity not be used?
You should not use Womens PRO-EREX Intensity capsules if you:
- are allergic to Panax Ginseng, Tribulus terrestris, Gingko Bilobo or any ingredients in Womens PRO-EREX Intensity
- are pregnant or are breastfeeding
- have kidney disease
- have an autoimmune condition as Panax Ginseng may increase the activity of the immune system
- are diabetic and taking medication to lower blood sugar as Tribulus terrestris and Panax Ginseng can reduce blood sugar levels and cause hypoglycaemia
- have an oestrogen sensitive tumour or polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) caused by overproduction of androgen
- have high blood pressure or a heart condition
- have epilepsy or have had a seizure as Gingko Bilobo can cause seizures
- have bipolar disease as Panax Ginseng increase symptoms
- have a bleeding disorder as Panax Ginseng and Gingko Bilobo can cause increased bleeding
- are taking medicines that interact with Womens PRO-EREX Intensity, including medication for high blood pressure and heart conditions like beta blockers, digoxin, calcium channel blockers and diuretics, caffeine, monoamine oxidase inhibitor antidepressants, anticoagulant and antiplatelet drugs like aspirin, NSAIDs like voltaren, clopidogrel and warfarin
What medications interact with Womens PRO-EREX Intensity?
Several medications interact with Womens PRO-EREX Intensity capsules and should either not be taken while you are taking Womens PRO-EREX Intensity or only after discussion and instruction from your doctor:
- Drugs that are affected by Womens PRO-EREX Intensity: medication for high blood pressure and heart conditions like beta blockers, digoxin, calcium channel blockers and diuretics, caffeine, monoamine oxidase inhibitor antidepressants, anticoagulant and antiplatelet drugs like aspirin, NSAIDs like voltaren, clopidogrel and warfarin
How should Womens PRO-EREX Intensity be taken?
You should take your Womens PRO-EREX Intensity capsules swallowed whole with a glass of water, one or two capsules with food, taken one or two hours before arousal. You should continue to take your Womens PRO-EREX Intensity capsules for as long as recommended by your health professional.
How long should you take Womens PRO-EREX Intensity?
You should continue to take your Womens PRO-EREX Intensity capsules for as long as recommended by your health professional.
How should Womens PRO-EREX Intensity be stored?
You should store your Womens PRO-EREX Intensity capsules below 25°C in a cool dry place.
- Allahdadi KJ, Tostes RCA, Clinton Webb R. Female Sexual Dysfunction: Therapeutic Options and Experimental Challenges. Cardiovasc Hematol Agents Med Chem. 2009 Oct; 7(4): 260–269
- Kim D-H. Chemical Diversity of Panax ginseng, Panax quinquifolium, and Panax Notoginseng. J. Ginseng Res. Vol. 36, No. 1, 1-15 2012.
- Kim MS, Lim HJ, Yang HJ, Lee MS, Shin BC, Ernst E. Ginseng for managing menopause symptoms: a systematic review of randomized clinical trials. J Ginseng Res. 2013 Mar;37(1):30-6.
- Oh KJ, Chae MJ, Lee HS, Hong HD, Park K. Effects of Korean red ginseng on sexual arousal in menopausal women: placebo-controlled, double-blind crossover clinical study. J Sex Med. 2010 Apr;7(4 Pt 1):1469-77
- Chung HS, Hwang I, Oh KJ, Lee MN, Park K. The Effect of Korean Red Ginseng on Sexual Function in Premenopausal Women: Placebo-Controlled, Double-Blind, Crossover Clinical Trial. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2015;2015:913158.
- Cho DH, Bhattarai JP, Han SK. GABAA Receptor- and Non-NMDA Glutamate Receptor-Mediated Actions of Korean Red Ginseng Extract on the Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone Neurons. J Ginseng Res. 2012 Jan;36(1):47-54.
- Radad K, Gille G, Dieter Rausch W. Use of Ginseng in Medicine: Perspectives on CNS Disorders. Iranian Journal Of Pharmacology & Therapeutics 2004; 3:30-40.
- Gama CR, Lasmar R, Gama GF, Abreu CS, Nunes CP, Geller M, Oliveira L, Santos A. Clinical Assessment of Tribulus terrestris Extract in the Treatment of Female Sexual Dysfunction. Clin Med Insights Womens Health. 2014 Dec 22;7:45-50. (quoted)
- Akhtari E, Raisi F, Keshavarz M, Hosseini H, Sohrabvand F, Bioos S, Kamalinejad M, Ghobadi A. Tribulus terrestris for treatment of sexual dysfunction in women: randomized double-blind placebo - controlled study. Daru. 2014 Apr 28;22:40.
- Postigo S, Lima SM, Yamada SS, dos Reis BF, da Silva GM, Aoki T. Assessment of the Effects of Tribulus Terrestris on Sexual Function of Menopausal Women. Rev Bras Ginecol Obstet. 2016 Mar;38(3):140-6.
- Mehlsen J Drabaek H, Wiinberg N, Winther K. Effects of a Ginkgo biloba extract on forearm haemodynamics in healthy volunteers. Clin Physiol Funct Imaging. 2002 Nov;22(6):375-8.
- Koltermann A, Hartkorn A, Koch E, Fürst R, Vollmar AM, Zahler S. Ginkgo biloba extract EGb 761 increases endothelial nitric oxide production in vitro and in vivo. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2007 Jul;64(13):1715-22.